Policy Filing Analyst
Job Title: Insurance (Regulatory Compliance) Policy Filing Analyst
Reports to: Compliance Manager
Salary Range: Experience and knowledge to be considered Status: Non Exempt / Full-Time
Job Description Summary
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage and maintain control of the business licensing and regulatory filings for Century Automotive Service Corporation (“CASC”), including vehicle service contract, Gap and insurance programs in 50 states.
• Participate in the development of a submission process and tracking system for CASC’s new and renewal applications for corporate and service contract filings and provider and dealer and agent licenses nationwide.
• Direct Interaction with regulatory personnel to obtain accurate and up-to-date filing information for CASC’s assured compliance in each state. Work with regulatory counsel to assure compliance of all programs in 50 states.
• Assist Client Services in the drafting of compliant product forms and file same for approval with appropriate state regulatory authorities utilizing the National Association of Insurance Commissioner’s (“NAIC”) System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (“SERFF”) in those states requiring use of same.
• Coordinate the receipt of required information from corporate parent and affiliates for license applications and other regulatory filings including obtaining required signatures of CASC officers and directors who reside at other locations.
• Additional responsibilities related to compliance, marketing, client services and other areas may be assigned on a need basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain database to track all regulatory filings by form and product line.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with personnel in each state for compliance resources
• Keep abreast of changing laws as they relate to CASC’s products and services to ensure that the company remains compliant
• Document all new and renewal license applications and product filings
• Prepare and distribute monthly compliance status report to management
• Additional projects as assigned by the Manager
• Occasional travel may be required
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at this time
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Communication: Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical. Strong client/customer service skills including ability to speak effectively and make inquiries as needed. Solid command of English language, grammar and punctuation. Ability to compose reports and correspondence on a routine basis.
Excellent Client / Customer Service: Promptly respond to notices of renewal and request for additional documentation from regulatory authorities, including challenging inquiries from state personnel, and requests for compliance information from CASC affiliates, employees and agents.
Strong decision making skills: Ability to make accurate and timely decisions based on CASC’s business parameters, needs and requirements. Good prioritization and time management skills; extremely organized; strong attention to detail, accuracy and follow-up; and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must have strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point), Adobe Acrobat and Internet research. Ability to use Westlaw database a plus.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred and/or legal licensed paralegal with two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with NAIC, SERFF and regulatory state filings a plus. Strong legal analytic capabilities necessary.
CENTURY AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE CORPORATION
10555 Montgomery Boulevard NE, Building 2
Albuquerque, New Mexico USA 87111
Toll Free: 888.338.0389
Copyright © 2012-2014 - Century Automotive Service Corporation. All rights reserved.